After my recent visit to NYC, I decided to sign up for one more opportunity to go there again this year. This time, it’ll be a shopping excursion early in December and I already have a few stores in mind. I would also recommend these to anyone else who hasn’t been to NYC, or who has been there, but not to the particular stores.
- Times Square Visitor Center – There were cool NYC designs on items such as t-shirts, wide variety overall of souvenirs, ornate detail and Broadway displays inside (including some show costumes).
- Toys ‘R’ Us – If you’ve got some kids, or little brothers or sisters to shop for, check it out. I felt this wasn’t just for kids, though, as there were some souvenirs for anyone that just wants something that represents NYC. For example, there were some plush NYC taxis near the store’s Ferris wheel. If someone bought me one of those plush gifts of the iconic NYC transportation, it’d be pretty cool. That’s why I say you can find something there that is for any age.
- Forever 21 – I didn’t buy anything here on my last visit, but the store is really trendy and upscale. It wasn’t something that I see everyday, living in a suburban area, and I thought it was so stunning throughout the store.
- American Eagle – More cool NYC designs on various tops were found here, friendly and helpful staff and judging from my last NYC visit (and first ever AE shopping experience), there may be some creative sales promos to gear up for the holidays.
- Broadway Baby – The name says it all regarding the great items you can find here. But along with the Broadway-themed merchandise, I saw various NYC postcards, more t-shirts with cool NYC street scenes and trendy handbags by Robin Ruth.
- Grand Slam – There was a mix of NYC-themed and pop culture icon items in this store. I definitely want to check this one out again, since I only browsed for a few moments before heading off to the theater.